Providing real time patient VITaLs on site is critical in improving a makeshift hospital’s medical response time in treating highly dependent patients. Significant improvement in patients' condition has been seen where such early information is made available. Pandemics like SARS COV-2 call for even shorter response times. This requirement compelled Klenzaids to Design & Build a containerized BSL 3 laboratory for Virus Immunology Testing called ‘VITL’. Klenzaids Design & Build team have an established process to build containerized & mobile biocontainment laboratories at an accelerated pace to such hospitals, institutes & government sites.
The Laboratory consists of following equipment:
- Biochemistry analyzer
- ABG analyzer
- Hematology system
- Immunoassay analyzer
- Mini distilled water apparatus
- Tabletop refrigerated centrifuge
- BioKlenz® Class II A2 biosafety cabinet with KlenzPort Passbox
- KlenzVAP H2O2 biodecontamination system
The Laboratory consists of the following spaces:
- Sample receiving area with material transfer pass box
- Handwashing & Donning/Doffing zone
- Designated area for Biosafety cabinet and sample handling
- Designated Laboratory suite for the scientific equipment and data processing.
- Space for handling biomedical waste